Pages

The Meet-Up


How and When did you meet your husband?


While most of Filipinas met their husband or boyfriend online, I met mine first in Cebu International Airport in flesh and blood...


It was January when my American friend invited me for a week long holiday in Cebu to meet other chatters from AE, all expense paid and I will share a room with my other female friend. Who am I to said no? As an avid traveler a free vacation like this will be surely accommodated... So I went with my 7-days travelling bag from NAIA Terminal 3 to Mactan International Airport in Cebu. At the arrival area I saw first saw him waiting for us, he standing next to the van with her girlfriend. (Of course I don't know that day that we are destined to be together.) I didn't even know his name back then.


I felt an unexplainable attraction on our first meeting. This kind of feeling was not entertained because, I am more like a logical person, “love at first site” is not really my thing. And besides I was engaged to be married to someone else at that time.  He seems cool and decent. During our drinking session he knows when to stop drinking, which I find important for a person, it means he is a man of discipline. We had shared some jokes and talks for a limited time... (the gorgeous girlfriend was there all the time so not much interaction between us.)


No communication between the two of us after the holiday...Then after 3 months he added me in Facebook. I don't know how he got it because I never gave my personal Facebook account to those who attend that holiday. He said hi and hello then no more connection after two months.


I never knew at that moment what lies ahead. For me he is a passing stranger I met somewhere during a fun time in an island. This is where all it started. Our First Meeting…




Share/Bookmark